WATCH: Home of Louisiana LGBT Activist Vandalized
BY Jase Peeples
August 05 2013 6:42 PM ET
Police are asking for help in identifying a man who vandalized the home of an LGBT activist in Louisiana on Saturday, reports the Huffington Post.
John Hill says a man who drove up in a white van spray-painted an antigay slur on his home after tearing down a rainbow flag which hung from his balcony.
A neighbor captured surveillance video of the crime in progress, but the vandal's face could not be seen clearly.
The 68-year-old LGBT activist believes the home he shares with his partner was targeted because of a recent opinion piece he wrote for a Louisiana newspaper, in which he claimed that the state was hostile toward gay people.
Police and the FBI say they are investigating the vandalism as a hate crime.
Watch surveillance video of the crime below.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos