Gay Seattle Man Is Assaulted, Alleges Hate Crime
BY Daniel Reynolds
August 06 2013 1:53 PM ET
A Seattle gay man, who was assaulted by a group of men and women this week, claims the attack was a hate crime, reports KIRO News.
Jason Jacobs told the Seattle Police Department that two women and three men confronted him shortly after midnight on Monday, after noticing he was wearing a pink shirt and shoes. He alleged that the group hurled antigay slurs, chased him through the city’s Capitol Hill neighborhood, and then physically attacked him.
After the assault, Jacobs, 37, found help at a nearby Starbucks. His injuries, including cuts and broken bones, were treated at a local medical center.
"I was unconscious for quite a while," said Jacobs, who could not provide police with a clear description of his assailants. "I've got a broken eye socket, two broken ribs, my nose is broken and I have a major concussion."
"Hopefully somebody saw something," Jacobs told KOMO. "Hopefully we can get some justice."
No arrests have currently been made, and police are still searching for suspects.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- Gay Women - News & Culture for Lesbian, Bisexual, and Trans Women
- The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 23 min 3 sec ago
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 23 min 51 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark December 11 2013 7:01 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker December 11 2013 6:45 PM