Jon Voight Stands With Brad Pitt's Mom Against Same-Sex Marriage
BY Charles Hicks
July 12 2012 4:30 PM ET
Brad Pitt's mom isn't the only Brangelina parent speaking out against same-sex marriage and Barack Obama.
Jon Voight, Angelina Jolie's father, told Fox 411's Pop Tarts column, that he agrees with Jane Pitt. "Good for her," he said.
Voight's and Mrs. Pitt's antigay stance reflects the majority opinion of their generation, according to a survey released by the Pew Research Center in May. Only 30% of people born between 1928 and 1945 favor same-sex marriage. The younger the person, according to this survey and many others, the more likely they are to support same-sex marriage.
Of the Baby Boomers (1946-1964), 39% are for same-sex marriage, as are 51% of Generation X (1965-1980), and 63% of Millennials (1981 through present).
Voight is a conservative and wrote about his own opposition to Obama in July 2008 for The Washington Times. Both he and Jane Pitt still appear to be bothered by the president's former pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright.
"Sen. Barack Obama has grown up with the teaching of very angry, militant white and black people: the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Louis Farrakhan, William Ayers and Rev. Michael Pfleger," he wrote. "We cannot say we are not affected by teachers who are militant and angry. We know too well that we become like them, and Mr. Obama will run this country in their mindset."
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process to Remain Relevant
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families 2 hours 5 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process 2 hours 50 min ago
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva 6:15 PM