Jon Voight Stands With Brad Pitt's Mom Against Same-Sex Marriage
BY Charles Hicks
July 12 2012 4:30 PM ET
Brad Pitt's mom isn't the only Brangelina parent speaking out against same-sex marriage and Barack Obama.
Jon Voight, Angelina Jolie's father, told Fox 411's Pop Tarts column, that he agrees with Jane Pitt. "Good for her," he said.
Voight's and Mrs. Pitt's antigay stance reflects the majority opinion of their generation, according to a survey released by the Pew Research Center in May. Only 30% of people born between 1928 and 1945 favor same-sex marriage. The younger the person, according to this survey and many others, the more likely they are to support same-sex marriage.
Of the Baby Boomers (1946-1964), 39% are for same-sex marriage, as are 51% of Generation X (1965-1980), and 63% of Millennials (1981 through present).
Voight is a conservative and wrote about his own opposition to Obama in July 2008 for The Washington Times. Both he and Jane Pitt still appear to be bothered by the president's former pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright.
"Sen. Barack Obama has grown up with the teaching of very angry, militant white and black people: the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Louis Farrakhan, William Ayers and Rev. Michael Pfleger," he wrote. "We cannot say we are not affected by teachers who are militant and angry. We know too well that we become like them, and Mr. Obama will run this country in their mindset."
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves