Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 7:00 AM ET
Q: How much did you pay for them?
Dan Bloom: That question is never asked of heterosexual parents, but for some reason people ask it freely when they discover a gay couple had children with the assistance of a surrogate. My answer is typically, “I don’t know — I’ve never even thought about it that way.” If asked in front of the kids, it makes them feel like a commodity, as if they were purchased on the open market.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job