Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 7:00 AM ET
Q: How much did you pay for them?
Dan Bloom: That question is never asked of heterosexual parents, but for some reason people ask it freely when they discover a gay couple had children with the assistance of a surrogate. My answer is typically, “I don’t know — I’ve never even thought about it that way.” If asked in front of the kids, it makes them feel like a commodity, as if they were purchased on the open market.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word