Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 7:00 AM ET
Q: How much did you pay for them?
Dan Bloom: That question is never asked of heterosexual parents, but for some reason people ask it freely when they discover a gay couple had children with the assistance of a surrogate. My answer is typically, “I don’t know — I’ve never even thought about it that way.” If asked in front of the kids, it makes them feel like a commodity, as if they were purchased on the open market.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos