Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 6:00 AM ET
Q: How much did you pay for them?
Dan Bloom: That question is never asked of heterosexual parents, but for some reason people ask it freely when they discover a gay couple had children with the assistance of a surrogate. My answer is typically, “I don’t know — I’ve never even thought about it that way.” If asked in front of the kids, it makes them feel like a commodity, as if they were purchased on the open market.
- Television Bette Midler to Play Mae West in HBO Biopic 1 hour 49 min ago
- Marriage Equality ACLU Launches My Big Gay (Il)legal Wedding Contest 2 hours 23 min ago
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 8:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 7:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 6:30 AM
- Music WATCH: The Best (or Not So Best) of LGBT Holiday Choirs 5:00 AM