Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 6:00 AM ET
Q: How much did you pay for them?
Dan Bloom: That question is never asked of heterosexual parents, but for some reason people ask it freely when they discover a gay couple had children with the assistance of a surrogate. My answer is typically, “I don’t know — I’ve never even thought about it that way.” If asked in front of the kids, it makes them feel like a commodity, as if they were purchased on the open market.
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 2 hours 43 min ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 2 hours 48 min ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 2 hours 56 min ago
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 2:49 PM
- Film Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film 2:49 PM
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 2:40 PM
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 2:35 PM