Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 7:00 AM ET
Q: Whose children are they?
Dan Bloom: This is the question that probably pisses me off the most. It would never be asked of heterosexual parents. My responses have included “I don’t understand your question” or “If I understand your question correctly, we’re both their parents.” Sometimes we just say, “They’re both of ours.” When asked in front of the kids, it’s horribly confusing to them — they have no conception of why the question would ever be posed.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana