Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 7:00 AM ET
Q: Whose children are they?
Dan Bloom: This is the question that probably pisses me off the most. It would never be asked of heterosexual parents. My responses have included “I don’t understand your question” or “If I understand your question correctly, we’re both their parents.” Sometimes we just say, “They’re both of ours.” When asked in front of the kids, it’s horribly confusing to them — they have no conception of why the question would ever be posed.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- MICHAEL SAM CUT FROM RAMS ROSTER
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead