Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 7:00 AM ET
Q: Whose children are they?
Dan Bloom: This is the question that probably pisses me off the most. It would never be asked of heterosexual parents. My responses have included “I don’t understand your question” or “If I understand your question correctly, we’re both their parents.” Sometimes we just say, “They’re both of ours.” When asked in front of the kids, it’s horribly confusing to them — they have no conception of why the question would ever be posed.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Ellen Does Pot Brownies With Matthew McConaughey
- WATCH: Gay Inaugural Poet's Marriage Equality Tribute Will Give You Goosebumps
- WATCH: Neil Patrick Harris Explains He Got Married for His Kids