Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 7:00 AM ET
Q: Whose children are they?
Dan Bloom: This is the question that probably pisses me off the most. It would never be asked of heterosexual parents. My responses have included “I don’t understand your question” or “If I understand your question correctly, we’re both their parents.” Sometimes we just say, “They’re both of ours.” When asked in front of the kids, it’s horribly confusing to them — they have no conception of why the question would ever be posed.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media