Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 7:00 AM ET
Q: Whose children are they?
Dan Bloom: This is the question that probably pisses me off the most. It would never be asked of heterosexual parents. My responses have included “I don’t understand your question” or “If I understand your question correctly, we’re both their parents.” Sometimes we just say, “They’re both of ours.” When asked in front of the kids, it’s horribly confusing to them — they have no conception of why the question would ever be posed.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers