Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 7:00 AM ET
Q: Whose children are they?
Dan Bloom: This is the question that probably pisses me off the most. It would never be asked of heterosexual parents. My responses have included “I don’t understand your question” or “If I understand your question correctly, we’re both their parents.” Sometimes we just say, “They’re both of ours.” When asked in front of the kids, it’s horribly confusing to them — they have no conception of why the question would ever be posed.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games
- WATCH: Gay Vlogger Tyler Oakley Talks Education With Michelle Obama
- LSU Fraternity Faces Heat For Crass Michael Sam Banner
- I'm From Driftwood Presents: 'You're Bisexual? Then Why Not Choose To Be Normal?'