Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 7:00 AM ET
Q: Whose children are they?
Dan Bloom: This is the question that probably pisses me off the most. It would never be asked of heterosexual parents. My responses have included “I don’t understand your question” or “If I understand your question correctly, we’re both their parents.” Sometimes we just say, “They’re both of ours.” When asked in front of the kids, it’s horribly confusing to them — they have no conception of why the question would ever be posed.
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- BREAKING: How About a President Santorum?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'