Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 7:00 AM ET
However, Bloom will gladly answer one question.
Q: Do you still have contact with the egg/sperm donor?
Dan Bloom: People ask us all of the time if we stay in touch with our surrogate, and it’s one of the questions we happily answer. We maintain a relationship with her, talk about her with our kids, send pictures back and forth, and look forward to our children getting to know her in a way that makes them comfortable. Our children came into the world in a wonderful way, and they should know everything they want to know about it in a developmentally appropriate manner. If people ask about the egg donor, we tell them simply it was an anonymous donation.
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- Debunking Bill Cosby's Claim He Can Read Women's Desires, Accuser Comes Out As Lesbian
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers