Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 7:00 AM ET
However, Bloom will gladly answer one question.
Q: Do you still have contact with the egg/sperm donor?
Dan Bloom: People ask us all of the time if we stay in touch with our surrogate, and it’s one of the questions we happily answer. We maintain a relationship with her, talk about her with our kids, send pictures back and forth, and look forward to our children getting to know her in a way that makes them comfortable. Our children came into the world in a wonderful way, and they should know everything they want to know about it in a developmentally appropriate manner. If people ask about the egg donor, we tell them simply it was an anonymous donation.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder May 24 2013 6:27 PM