Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 6:00 AM ET
However, Bloom will gladly answer one question.
Q: Do you still have contact with the egg/sperm donor?
Dan Bloom: People ask us all of the time if we stay in touch with our surrogate, and it’s one of the questions we happily answer. We maintain a relationship with her, talk about her with our kids, send pictures back and forth, and look forward to our children getting to know her in a way that makes them comfortable. Our children came into the world in a wonderful way, and they should know everything they want to know about it in a developmentally appropriate manner. If people ask about the egg donor, we tell them simply it was an anonymous donation.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?