My Father, My Hero
BY Jase Peeples
June 14 2013 2:00 AM ET
Father and Son Bike 1,800 Miles to Protest Boy Scouts
After the Boy Scouts of America announced its proposal to no longer deny membership for gay youths but still keep the ban on gay adult leaders, Dave McGrath and his son Joseph announced they would be cycling on an 1,800-mile journey from Idaho Falls to Irving, Texas — the headquarters of BSA.
McGrath said the bike ride was his form of protest against the ban on gay adult leaders in the Boy Scouts and he had decided to take on the journey because he has two gay sons as well as a gay twin brother who is an Eagle Scout.
Read our full coverage of this amazing dad here.
- Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- India's Sodomy Ban Incites 'Day of Rage' Among Activists
- Senate Republicans Introduce 'License to Discriminate' Bill
- Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV
- Women WATCH: These Lesbians are 'Proud to Be Femme!' 14 min 5 sec ago
- Politics India's Sodomy Ban Incites 'Day of Rage' Among Activists 1 hour 20 min ago
- Activism Queers for Economic Justice Announces Closure 1 hour 22 min ago
- Entertainment News Johnny Weir Scrubs His Bio of Russian Government Work 2 hours 30 min ago
- Transgender HHS to Reevaluate Ban on Gender-Confirming Surgeries 2 hours 35 min ago
- Television WATCH: Ian McKellen Strolls Down Sesame Street 2:21 PM
- Women WATCH: Mary Lambert's Version of 'Teenage Dirtbag' is a Lesbian Love Song! 1:59 PM