Violent Confrontations Mar an International Day for LGBT Awareness
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 18 2012 11:57 AM ET
After an IDAHO protest rally in St. Petersburg, Russia, activists were escorted back to their buses by police. But they drove only a few blocks before being stopped by groups of young men dressed in neo-Nazi insignia, some with face masks and many with shaved skin-head hairstyles. They attacked the buses, broke through the windows and assaulted the activists inside.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'