Violent Confrontations Mar an International Day for LGBT Awareness
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 18 2012 11:57 AM ET
After an IDAHO protest rally in St. Petersburg, Russia, activists were escorted back to their buses by police. But they drove only a few blocks before being stopped by groups of young men dressed in neo-Nazi insignia, some with face masks and many with shaved skin-head hairstyles. They attacked the buses, broke through the windows and assaulted the activists inside.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Lost Pink Triangles
- Where Are 1.5 Million Missing Black Men?