Violent Confrontations Mar an International Day for LGBT Awareness
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 18 2012 11:57 AM ET
Transgender women kiss a doll representing Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff in front of Planalto Palace during a demonstration that was part of the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia in Brasilia, Brazil.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Op-ed: How Laramie Finally Made Judy Shepard Proud
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us