Observing and Preserving
BY Ari Karpel
September 17 2010 4:05 AM ET
Pretty much every aspect of Jen Vanderhoof’s life is connected to the outdoors. There’s scuba diving: “I learned in Puget Sound,” says Vanderhoof, who lives in Seattle. “And I think that diving in British Columbia is unbeatable.”
Underwater photography: “I waited until I had 150 dives logged before I started doing underwater photography. I wanted to be an extremely efficient diver with solid buoyancy control before adding a camera to my workload.”
She’s been a triathlete since 2007. “In 2009 I completed my first iron-distance race at Ironman Canada,” she reports, two days after completing her second Ironman competition, in Penticton, B.C..
And with “tri-season,” as she calls it, wrapping up, it’s time to get out for some backpacking. “My primary backpacking pal and I both enjoy photography, so we don’t move along quickly,” she says, “but we sure do stop and smell and photograph the flowers.”
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel