Op-ed: 14 Reasons That Made 2011 Great for Trans People
BY Advocate Contributors
December 28 2011 8:10 PM ET
2. The White House Makes Trans People and Issues a Priority
There have been lots of meetings with administration officials over the past few years. But this year, two meetings stand out. In April, representatives from various federal agencies met with a group of advocates to talk about a range of trans-related policy issues. And in November, another inter-agency group met with trans anti-violence advocates at the White House to have a discussion about how to end violence against trans people.
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion