Op-ed: 14 Reasons That Made 2011 Great for Trans People
BY Advocate Contributors
December 28 2011 8:10 PM ET
2. The White House Makes Trans People and Issues a Priority
There have been lots of meetings with administration officials over the past few years. But this year, two meetings stand out. In April, representatives from various federal agencies met with a group of advocates to talk about a range of trans-related policy issues. And in November, another inter-agency group met with trans anti-violence advocates at the White House to have a discussion about how to end violence against trans people.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'