Op-ed: 14 Reasons That Made 2011 Great for Trans People
BY Advocate Contributors
December 28 2011 8:10 PM ET
2. The White House Makes Trans People and Issues a Priority
There have been lots of meetings with administration officials over the past few years. But this year, two meetings stand out. In April, representatives from various federal agencies met with a group of advocates to talk about a range of trans-related policy issues. And in November, another inter-agency group met with trans anti-violence advocates at the White House to have a discussion about how to end violence against trans people.
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- WATCH: The Surprising Way GOP Candidates Define 'Discrimination'