Op-ed: 14 Reasons That Made 2011 Great for Trans People
BY Advocate Contributors
December 28 2011 8:10 PM ET
2. The White House Makes Trans People and Issues a Priority
There have been lots of meetings with administration officials over the past few years. But this year, two meetings stand out. In April, representatives from various federal agencies met with a group of advocates to talk about a range of trans-related policy issues. And in November, another inter-agency group met with trans anti-violence advocates at the White House to have a discussion about how to end violence against trans people.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar