Op-ed: 14 Reasons That Made 2011 Great for Trans People
BY Advocate Contributors
December 28 2011 8:10 PM ET
12. Chaz Bono Teaching Trans to the Masses
Chaz Bono on Dancing With the Stars marked the first time an openly trans man starred on a major network television show for something unrelated to being trans. Bono's welcome quickly turned into controversy, but his resilience and warm persona told Americans that they have a lot in common with him and other trans people. I credit Chaz for his willingness to tell his story, and for teaching Americans at least a little bit about our lives.
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- Clemson University Fans Tell Football Coach to Punt Antigay Fundraiser
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- Priest Dismissed by Catholic College Comes Out as Gay
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?