Op-ed: 14 Reasons That Made 2011 Great for Trans People
BY Advocate Contributors
December 28 2011 8:10 PM ET
13. Making Schools Safe for Trans Youth
More and more school districts are starting to learn about trans people, and have passed sexual orientation and gender identity policies. To further this along, NCTE and the Gay, Lesbian, Straight, Education Network issued the first resource that provides schools with tangible solutions to creating trans-inclusive policies. To often, and in light of the spate of anti-trans violence, trans young people are left to protect themselves, often putting their education and sometimes their safety at risk. The resource is long overdue, and teachers and administrators have been hungry for guidelines on how to make our schools safe for everyone.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Amber Heard: 'I Don’t Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members