Op-ed: 14 Reasons That Made 2011 Great for Trans People
BY Advocate Contributors
December 28 2011 8:10 PM ET
14. All Federal Legislation Introduced this Congress is Trans-Inclusive
In the 112th Congress which started in January and ends next December, many pro-LGBT bills have been introduced to advance a range of issues from employment discrimination to to healthcare access to housing to credit protections. Continuing this trend from the last several congresses, every significant piece of legislation that should include gender identity, does.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong