Op-ed: 14 Reasons That Made 2011 Great for Trans People
BY Advocate Contributors
December 28 2011 7:10 PM ET
14. All Federal Legislation Introduced this Congress is Trans-Inclusive
In the 112th Congress which started in January and ends next December, many pro-LGBT bills have been introduced to advance a range of issues from employment discrimination to to healthcare access to housing to credit protections. Continuing this trend from the last several congresses, every significant piece of legislation that should include gender identity, does.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Op-ed: How Tom Saved Finland
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'