Op-ed: 14 Reasons That Made 2011 Great for Trans People
BY Advocate Contributors
December 28 2011 8:10 PM ET
14. All Federal Legislation Introduced this Congress is Trans-Inclusive
In the 112th Congress which started in January and ends next December, many pro-LGBT bills have been introduced to advance a range of issues from employment discrimination to to healthcare access to housing to credit protections. Continuing this trend from the last several congresses, every significant piece of legislation that should include gender identity, does.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community