Op-ed: 14 Reasons That Made 2011 Great for Trans People
BY Advocate Contributors
December 28 2011 8:10 PM ET
8. Release of the Most Comprehensive Study on Trans Discrimination
This year, with the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, we published the groundbreaking National Transgender Discrimination Survey. With nearly 6,500 respondents, trans people reported discrimination in every area of life. Andy by every vital marker, the report showed both disparate and desperate health outcomes. But the report findings should be held separately from the significance of the report itself--the study has become the go-to resource for understanding the breadth of barriers facing trans people.
- What Happened Inside the Supreme Court Today
- Antigay Heckler Dragged Out of Supreme Court
- High School Jocks Attend W. Virginia Prom Together
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'
- LISTEN: Oral Arguments of Obergefell v. Hodges
- The Most Effective Marriage Equality Lobbyists: Republican Kids