Op-ed: 14 Reasons That Made 2011 Great for Trans People
BY Advocate Contributors
December 28 2011 8:10 PM ET
8. Release of the Most Comprehensive Study on Trans Discrimination
This year, with the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, we published the groundbreaking National Transgender Discrimination Survey. With nearly 6,500 respondents, trans people reported discrimination in every area of life. Andy by every vital marker, the report showed both disparate and desperate health outcomes. But the report findings should be held separately from the significance of the report itself--the study has become the go-to resource for understanding the breadth of barriers facing trans people.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown