Op-ed: 14 Reasons That Made 2011 Great for Trans People
BY Advocate Contributors
December 28 2011 8:10 PM ET
10. Government Backs Trans Federal Workers
In May, the Office of Personnel Management issued new guidance on treating trans people in the federal workplace equally and fairly, including clarifying the rights of trans people to change their gender in their medical records, and access sex-specific care under the federal health plan. While this important new guidance only applies to a relatively small number of trans federal employees, it sends a message that all workers deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Capitol Hill Staffers Blocked for Antitrans Wikipedia Edits
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Op-ed: In Mass. Politics, Love Now Dares to Speak Its Name