Op-ed: 14 Reasons That Made 2011 Great for Trans People
BY Advocate Contributors
December 28 2011 8:10 PM ET
10. Government Backs Trans Federal Workers
In May, the Office of Personnel Management issued new guidance on treating trans people in the federal workplace equally and fairly, including clarifying the rights of trans people to change their gender in their medical records, and access sex-specific care under the federal health plan. While this important new guidance only applies to a relatively small number of trans federal employees, it sends a message that all workers deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.