Rock Center Features Tyler Clementi's Parents
BY Trudy Ring
June 27 2012 7:10 PM ET
Thursday’s Rock Center With Brian Williams will feature an exclusive interview with Joe and Jane Clementi, parents of Tyler Clementi, the Rutgers University student who committed suicide in 2010 after his roommate spied on him having an intimate encounter with another man.
The Clementis tell reporter Lester Holt they should have not just accepted their son’s gay identity but embraced it. They also discuss how Tyler came out to them and their grief over his death. The show airs at 10 p.m./9 p.m. Central on NBC; watch a clip below.
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM
- Business America's Best Places to Work, According to HRC December 09 2013 3:49 PM