Rock Center Features Tyler Clementi's Parents
BY Trudy Ring
June 27 2012 7:10 PM ET
Thursday’s Rock Center With Brian Williams will feature an exclusive interview with Joe and Jane Clementi, parents of Tyler Clementi, the Rutgers University student who committed suicide in 2010 after his roommate spied on him having an intimate encounter with another man.
The Clementis tell reporter Lester Holt they should have not just accepted their son’s gay identity but embraced it. They also discuss how Tyler came out to them and their grief over his death. The show airs at 10 p.m./9 p.m. Central on NBC; watch a clip below.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM