Rock Center Features Tyler Clementi's Parents
BY Trudy Ring
June 27 2012 8:10 PM ET
Thursday’s Rock Center With Brian Williams will feature an exclusive interview with Joe and Jane Clementi, parents of Tyler Clementi, the Rutgers University student who committed suicide in 2010 after his roommate spied on him having an intimate encounter with another man.
The Clementis tell reporter Lester Holt they should have not just accepted their son’s gay identity but embraced it. They also discuss how Tyler came out to them and their grief over his death. The show airs at 10 p.m./9 p.m. Central on NBC; watch a clip below.
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- From Jail, Kim Davis Still Refuses to Issue Marriage Licenses