Evidence Shows Boy Scouts Org. Lumped Gays With Pedophiles
BY Neal Broverman
October 15 2012 3:46 PM ET
Twenty-thousand pages of documents from Boy Scout officials were recently released per orders from the Oregon supreme court, and the paperwork shows the organization lumped gay people and convicted and accused pedophiles together among their list of "ineligible volunteers."
Among 50 files reviewed by a Seattle TV station, 48 involved accusations of molestation, while two involved men who were simply gay. While the Boy Scouts don't try to hide their ban on gay scouts and leaders, it's now clear the group often conflates molestation with homosexuality. One finding uncovered a 1970s investigation of a Scout leader who was banned for life because he told a friend he was gay in a private letter.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- How Selena Inspired Her Gay Impersonator to Bidi Bidi Bom Bom