PHOTOS: Red Carpet at Benefit for LGBT Homeless
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 04 2013 4:30 AM ET
With everything happening at the Supreme Court, you may have missed this celeb-studded event that raised more than $1 million to fight homelessness among LGBT youth.
The L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center hosted the big event in Beverly Hills on March 21, and out director Roland Emmerich presented the "Icon Award" to Amy Pascal of Sony Pictures Entertainment. Pascal made headlines when she called on Hollywood to eliminate gay slurs from film.
“How about next time, when any of us are reading a script and it says words like fag, or faggot – homo – dyke – take a pencil and just cross it out,” she said, according to Deadline.
On the following pages are photos from the event and its red carpet.
David Burtka, Darrel Cummings, and Neil Patrick Harris
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 2 hours 40 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM