PHOTOS: Students and Stars Shine at Point Foundation Benefit
BY Daniel Reynolds
September 11 2013 6:00 AM ET
Alex Newell – Glee, Geography Club
What brings you here tonight?
I’m singing and performing and letting my voice [be] heard! [sings]
What message would you like to send to LGBT young people?
It’s what I always tell everyone — it’s OK to be yourself. You don’t have to try to be anyone else other than who you are.
Who is your role model?
My mom. And Beyoncé.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Connecticut Makes Changing Birth Certificates Easier for Trans Folks
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'