PHOTOS: Students and Stars Shine at Point Foundation Benefit
BY Daniel Reynolds
September 11 2013 5:00 AM ET
Alex Newell – Glee, Geography Club
What brings you here tonight?
I’m singing and performing and letting my voice [be] heard! [sings]
What message would you like to send to LGBT young people?
It’s what I always tell everyone — it’s OK to be yourself. You don’t have to try to be anyone else other than who you are.
Who is your role model?
My mom. And Beyoncé.
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Pat Robertson Says Pray for Gays 'Recruited' By Child Abuse
- Religion WATCH: Pat Robertson Says Pray for Gays 'Recruited' By Child Abuse 1 hour 5 min ago
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 1 hour 39 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 2 hours 26 min ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 2 hours 56 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 2:44 PM
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 2:04 PM
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 1:21 PM