PHOTOS: Students and Stars Shine at Point Foundation Benefit
BY Daniel Reynolds
September 11 2013 5:00 AM ET
Alex Newell – Glee, Geography Club
What brings you here tonight?
I’m singing and performing and letting my voice [be] heard! [sings]
What message would you like to send to LGBT young people?
It’s what I always tell everyone — it’s OK to be yourself. You don’t have to try to be anyone else other than who you are.
Who is your role model?
My mom. And Beyoncé.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?