PHOTOS: Students and Stars Shine at Point Foundation Benefit
BY Daniel Reynolds
September 11 2013 6:00 AM ET
Judith Light — Dallas, Ugly Betty
What brings you here tonight?
I have a very strong belief in this organization. … What’s been really important to me is that [LGBT youth] receives the kind of monetary support, emotional support, and mentoring that takes them up to the level where their potential is most flourishing. And without the support of the Point Foundation, many of our LGBT scholars can fall through the cracks. ... It’s an essential organization.
What message would you like to send to LGBT youth?
Own yourselves. Know how magnificent you are. … Keep putting yourselves out there. Know that you’re the leaders of now and tomorrow.
Who is your role model?
My manager, Herb Hamsher.
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? 15 min 24 sec ago
- Media Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer 1 hour 9 min ago
- Health HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples 1 hour 32 min ago
- Politics Big Repub Donors Fund Push for ENDA 2 hours 13 min ago
- Love and Sex Ready and Looking: The Dilemma of a 20-Something 2 hours 15 min ago
- Media Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview 2 hours 35 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Game Developers Conference Tackles LGBT Representation in Video Games 2 hours 39 min ago