PHOTOS: Students and Stars Shine at Point Foundation Benefit
BY Daniel Reynolds
September 11 2013 6:00 AM ET
Victoria Justice — Zoey 101, Victorious
What brings you here tonight?
I am so excited to support this cause. I am a big supporter of the LGBTQ community, and I love the fact that they’re encouraging education and giving away scholarships to gay youth. I think it’s incredible, so I just wanted to lend my voice and show my support.
What message would you like to send to LGBT young people?
Stay true to yourself. Love who you are no matter what other people say. There’s always going to be haters. But you’re you, and you’re beautiful, and that’s who you’re meant to be.
Who is your role model?
My mom! She is my hero, and I totally look up to her. She is such a strong, optimistic, smart woman, and I just love everything about her.
See a video of Justice saying "I love gay people" below.
- Television WATCH: The First Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of The Normal Heart 2 hours 29 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: 'Not Looking' Episode 1 2 hours 35 min ago
- Television Juliet Mills: Back to Nannying, With a Twist 2 hours 58 min ago
- Commentary What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 9:15 AM
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 7:00 AM
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM