PHOTOS: Students and Stars Shine at Point Foundation Benefit
BY Daniel Reynolds
September 11 2013 6:00 AM ET
Victoria Justice — Zoey 101, Victorious
What brings you here tonight?
I am so excited to support this cause. I am a big supporter of the LGBTQ community, and I love the fact that they’re encouraging education and giving away scholarships to gay youth. I think it’s incredible, so I just wanted to lend my voice and show my support.
What message would you like to send to LGBT young people?
Stay true to yourself. Love who you are no matter what other people say. There’s always going to be haters. But you’re you, and you’re beautiful, and that’s who you’re meant to be.
Who is your role model?
My mom! She is my hero, and I totally look up to her. She is such a strong, optimistic, smart woman, and I just love everything about her.
See a video of Justice saying "I love gay people" below.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality