Going the Distance, Part 3
BY Shawnn Slaughter
January 14 2008 1:00 AM ET
There were many
runners in the training program who had dropped out
during training that day because of various injuries. I
was worried I would be one of them. The group
continued through Burbank, passing by Disney Studios.
As the run went on, I heard some members of my group
grumble about the length of the run, how tired they were,
and that they were ready to stop. I made no objections
about the run or the complaints of my fellow pace
group members. I could only feel grateful that I was
able to do the run.
Soon we were in
Toluca Lake, passing by some very beautiful houses.
Finally, we were on our way back to Griffith Park, with a
total run time of about 7 hours. I sustained no
injuries, just some soreness. I was quite proud of
myself for making it to and completing the run.
less than two months until the Los Angeles Marathon.
I’m excited and nervous about it at the same
time. I have a 26-mile training run at the beginning
of February in Los Angeles. I still have to do my regular
maintenance runs. Somehow I will find the strength to get
through all of this and run the marathon as planned.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Ban on Blood Donations by Gay Men
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Pretty Little Liars Adds Rumer Willis to Roster and Lands Teen Choice Nominations 12 min 48 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Adam Levine Gets a Shirtless Paint Job 25 min 30 sec ago
- Books Three Great Books About HIV 27 min 23 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer Uses Tig Notaro's Cancer for Her Own Personal Gain 45 min 30 sec ago
- Crime Editor of Gay Website Beaten in London 47 min 50 sec ago
- Film We Steal Secrets: Is Bradley Manning a Hero? 50 min 9 sec ago
- Film A Drinking Game for the Liberace Movie 50 min 36 sec ago