Going the Distance, Part 4
BY Shawnn Slaughter
February 20 2008 1:00 AM ET
Matt, a handsome
bear cub, serenaded us along the route. He's as cute as
he can be, but I don't have a crush on him.
Besides, Matt already has a partner, who is developing
a musical tentatively titled Tap about Congressman
Larry Craig’s airport sex scandal.
This group was a
major morale booster for me, after having gone through a
period of being less than enthusiastic about running. I even
encountered a culinary windfall by running with them:
Our coach, Scott, treated us to sandwiches about
midway though the route and then post-run pizza.
The most joyous
part of the run was crossing the finish line, where I
received a medal for finishing the Celebration Run. It
reminded me of why I run: the euphoric rush of
crossing the finish line and having a medal placed
around my neck. I was also grateful that I didn't sustain
any injuries during this run, even though I was a bit
stiff and sore in my legs and hips for a couple of
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?