Super Bowl Sunday
BY Josh Kilmer-Purcell
January 29 2009 1:00 AM ET
The original logo
for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers pictured a winking pirate
in a plumed cap, leading to the team’s nickname
“Tampa Gay.” While actually quite fetch,
“Bucco Bruce” was blamed for presiding over 14
years of losing seasons.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown