Super Bowl Sunday
BY Josh Kilmer-Purcell
January 29 2009 1:00 AM ET
The original logo
for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers pictured a winking pirate
in a plumed cap, leading to the team’s nickname
“Tampa Gay.” While actually quite fetch,
“Bucco Bruce” was blamed for presiding over 14
years of losing seasons.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: A Straight Wedding Morphs Into a Gay Proposal
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News