The Winner Takes It All
BY Ross Forman
August 11 2009 12:00 AM ET
What's been the response since you've returned to the United States? Amazing. The outpouring of support from people from around the world, literally, has been incredible.
Perhaps a mini celebrity? I was amazed about how quickly people found out, but that's because of the age [of technology] that we now live in, thanks to the Internet.
What would you say to the Outgames organizers? I think they did the best they could to make [the track competition] and the event as a whole safe.
What kind of response have you gotten since returning to work? All of the people in my office had heard about it and all were genuinely concerned. It's really been overwhelming and kind of surprising that an overseas event like that was in the news here in America.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
- The Brains Behind Husbands
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 1 hour 18 min ago
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 2 hours 15 min ago
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 2 hours 18 min ago
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM