The Winner Takes It All
BY Ross Forman
August 11 2009 12:00 AM ET
What's been the response since you've returned to the United States? Amazing. The outpouring of support from people from around the world, literally, has been incredible.
Perhaps a mini celebrity? I was amazed about how quickly people found out, but that's because of the age [of technology] that we now live in, thanks to the Internet.
What would you say to the Outgames organizers? I think they did the best they could to make [the track competition] and the event as a whole safe.
What kind of response have you gotten since returning to work? All of the people in my office had heard about it and all were genuinely concerned. It's really been overwhelming and kind of surprising that an overseas event like that was in the news here in America.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House