The Out Year in Sports So Far Is Truly Inspiring
BY Lucas Grindley
October 04 2012 2:57 PM ET
Orlando Cruz (right) lost a NABO Featherweight title fight in 2009 to Cornelius Lock.
The featherweight boxer from Puerto Rico is ranked number 4 by the World Boxing Organization, and he's now the first openly gay man in the sport's history. Cruz told USA Today that being gay is just another part of his identity: "I have and will always be a proud Puerto Rican. I have always been and always will be a proud gay man."
- Year in Review The Advocate's Person of the Year: 'Idiotic' or 'Important?' 46 min 59 sec ago
- Women Kim Basinger is Sleek and Sexy in Pin-Striped Men's Suit December 18 2013 9:50 PM
- Women Op-ed: The Right's War on Christmas - The 2013 Edition! December 18 2013 9:06 PM
- Entertainment News Ian McKellen Surprised Hobbit Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening December 18 2013 7:07 PM
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India December 18 2013 5:23 PM
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective December 18 2013 4:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! December 18 2013 4:49 PM