The Out Year in Sports So Far Is Truly Inspiring
BY Lucas Grindley
October 04 2012 3:57 PM ET
The Australian football player came out in September as part of his call for the league to show an anti-homophobia ad during the Grand Final — the AFL's championship. "I’d like to tell you what it’s like being a gay footy player, because today there’s a real chance we could begin to change the culture of homophobia in the AFL."
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple
- Op-ed: What Barney Frank Still Gets Wrong on ENDA
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks