The Out Year in Sports So Far Is Truly Inspiring
BY Lucas Grindley
October 04 2012 2:57 PM ET
Stephany Lee, left, wrestles during the Olympic Trials.
The wrestler had finally made the U.S. Olympic team after unsuccessful attempts in 2004 and 2008. She married her wife the day after Olympic trials. “If I made this team or I didn’t make this team, I was still going to marry my wife, Brigg,” she said in an interview in June with The Advocate. But Lee never made it to the games after being dismissed for testing positive for marijuana use.
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Books Gay Propaganda Brings Russian Love Stories to Light March 06 2014 6:06 PM
- Film Jamie Lee Curtis Bringing Life of First Gay Baseball Player to Big Screen March 06 2014 5:48 PM
- Politics Here's Why Facebook Is Sponsoring Right-Wing CPAC March 06 2014 5:12 PM
- Media News Anchor on Russia's RT Network Quits Job on Air in Protest March 06 2014 4:34 PM