The Out Year in Sports So Far Is Truly Inspiring
BY Lucas Grindley
October 04 2012 3:57 PM ET
Stephany Lee, left, wrestles during the Olympic Trials.
The wrestler had finally made the U.S. Olympic team after unsuccessful attempts in 2004 and 2008. She married her wife the day after Olympic trials. “If I made this team or I didn’t make this team, I was still going to marry my wife, Brigg,” she said in an interview in June with The Advocate. But Lee never made it to the games after being dismissed for testing positive for marijuana use.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- Have We Got Matthew Shepard All Wrong?