The Out Year in Sports So Far Is Truly Inspiring
BY Lucas Grindley
October 04 2012 3:57 PM ET
Stephany Lee, left, wrestles during the Olympic Trials.
The wrestler had finally made the U.S. Olympic team after unsuccessful attempts in 2004 and 2008. She married her wife the day after Olympic trials. “If I made this team or I didn’t make this team, I was still going to marry my wife, Brigg,” she said in an interview in June with The Advocate. But Lee never made it to the games after being dismissed for testing positive for marijuana use.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers