The Out Year in Sports So Far Is Truly Inspiring
BY Lucas Grindley
October 04 2012 3:57 PM ET
Stephany Lee, left, wrestles during the Olympic Trials.
The wrestler had finally made the U.S. Olympic team after unsuccessful attempts in 2004 and 2008. She married her wife the day after Olympic trials. “If I made this team or I didn’t make this team, I was still going to marry my wife, Brigg,” she said in an interview in June with The Advocate. But Lee never made it to the games after being dismissed for testing positive for marijuana use.
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Why LGBT and the GOP Are Better Together
- Op-ed: Finding Sympathy for the Most Hated Woman in America
- Welcome to Night Vale: Where Queer Is Normal and Normal Is Bizarre