The Out Year in Sports So Far Is Truly Inspiring
BY Lucas Grindley
October 04 2012 3:57 PM ET
Stephany Lee, left, wrestles during the Olympic Trials.
The wrestler had finally made the U.S. Olympic team after unsuccessful attempts in 2004 and 2008. She married her wife the day after Olympic trials. “If I made this team or I didn’t make this team, I was still going to marry my wife, Brigg,” she said in an interview in June with The Advocate. But Lee never made it to the games after being dismissed for testing positive for marijuana use.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years