The Out Year in Sports So Far Is Truly Inspiring
BY Lucas Grindley
October 04 2012 3:57 PM ET
Stephany Lee, left, wrestles during the Olympic Trials.
The wrestler had finally made the U.S. Olympic team after unsuccessful attempts in 2004 and 2008. She married her wife the day after Olympic trials. “If I made this team or I didn’t make this team, I was still going to marry my wife, Brigg,” she said in an interview in June with The Advocate. But Lee never made it to the games after being dismissed for testing positive for marijuana use.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Jaden Smith on Wearing Dresses: They're Not 'Girl's Clothes,' Just 'Clothes'