9 Gay Reasons To Watch The Super Bowl
BY Michelle Garcia
February 01 2013 1:17 PM ET
This year the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans. We'll be live-tweeting the festivities, and we hope that you join our big, gay cross-country Super Bowl Party. Aside from the fact that it's an excuse to yell at the TV, eat an inordinate amount of appetizers and drink cocktails with themes referencing Edgar Allen Poe and the California gold rush, here are eight more reasons to watch the biggest television event of this year.
1. San Francisco is involved. It could be easily argued that the city by the bay is America's gay mecca. Sports Illustrated's coverage of the city reacting to their 49ers securing a spot in the big game would have been severely lacking had it not included photos at a gay sports bar, featuring celebratory smooches like the one in the video above.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'