Former MLB Player Mike Piazza: No, Really, I'm Not Gay
BY Neal Broverman
February 13 2013 2:34 PM ET
Mike Piazza, a former catcher for the New York Mets and Los Angeles Dodgers, has released a new memoir that includes a statement affirming his heterosexuality.
Aside from casting off accusations of illegal performance-enchancing drugs, Piazza claims rumors of his homosexuality from the early 2000s were untrue.
"The whole episode was such a strange, incredible phenomenon," he says, according to the memoir, which excerpted in the New York Post. "I still don’t get it. I don’t know where the rumor came from, although I’ve heard many theories, including one that I suppose makes the most sense to me, involving a former teammate and his agent."
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process to Remain Relevant
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families 1 hour 55 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process 2 hours 39 min ago
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile 2 hours 57 min ago
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva 6:15 PM