Former MLB Player Mike Piazza: No, Really, I'm Not Gay
BY Neal Broverman
February 13 2013 1:34 PM ET
Mike Piazza, a former catcher for the New York Mets and Los Angeles Dodgers, has released a new memoir that includes a statement affirming his heterosexuality.
Aside from casting off accusations of illegal performance-enchancing drugs, Piazza claims rumors of his homosexuality from the early 2000s were untrue.
"The whole episode was such a strange, incredible phenomenon," he says, according to the memoir, which excerpted in the New York Post. "I still don’t get it. I don’t know where the rumor came from, although I’ve heard many theories, including one that I suppose makes the most sense to me, involving a former teammate and his agent."
- Travel London's Gay Travel Expo: Pool Party, Models, Giant Shoes 36 min 45 sec ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Underwear Models for Affordable Healthcare 37 min 21 sec ago
- Transgender Calif. Athletic Commission Considers Licensing Trans Athletes 42 min 46 sec ago
- Religion Antigay Archbishop Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor 48 min 59 sec ago
- Politics Maddow to Putin: Ha! Take That! 1 hour 21 min ago
- Politics Pa. Gov. Comes Out for LGBT Employment Protections 1 hour 23 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Just the Facts, Man: What You Need to Know About PrEP 1 hour 30 min ago