Former MLB Player Mike Piazza: No, Really, I'm Not Gay
BY Neal Broverman
February 13 2013 1:34 PM ET
Mike Piazza, a former catcher for the New York Mets and Los Angeles Dodgers, has released a new memoir that includes a statement affirming his heterosexuality.
Aside from casting off accusations of illegal performance-enchancing drugs, Piazza claims rumors of his homosexuality from the early 2000s were untrue.
"The whole episode was such a strange, incredible phenomenon," he says, according to the memoir, which excerpted in the New York Post. "I still don’t get it. I don’t know where the rumor came from, although I’ve heard many theories, including one that I suppose makes the most sense to me, involving a former teammate and his agent."
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World