Former MLB Player Mike Piazza: No, Really, I'm Not Gay
BY Neal Broverman
February 13 2013 2:34 PM ET
Mike Piazza, a former catcher for the New York Mets and Los Angeles Dodgers, has released a new memoir that includes a statement affirming his heterosexuality.
Aside from casting off accusations of illegal performance-enchancing drugs, Piazza claims rumors of his homosexuality from the early 2000s were untrue.
"The whole episode was such a strange, incredible phenomenon," he says, according to the memoir, which excerpted in the New York Post. "I still don’t get it. I don’t know where the rumor came from, although I’ve heard many theories, including one that I suppose makes the most sense to me, involving a former teammate and his agent."
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- Page not found | Advocate.com
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'