Former MLB Player Mike Piazza: No, Really, I'm Not Gay
BY Neal Broverman
February 13 2013 2:34 PM ET
Mike Piazza, a former catcher for the New York Mets and Los Angeles Dodgers, has released a new memoir that includes a statement affirming his heterosexuality.
Aside from casting off accusations of illegal performance-enchancing drugs, Piazza claims rumors of his homosexuality from the early 2000s were untrue.
"The whole episode was such a strange, incredible phenomenon," he says, according to the memoir, which excerpted in the New York Post. "I still don’t get it. I don’t know where the rumor came from, although I’ve heard many theories, including one that I suppose makes the most sense to me, involving a former teammate and his agent."
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
Sign Up For Email Updates
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1 hour 50 min ago
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! May 21 2013 8:29 PM
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. May 21 2013 8:25 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' May 21 2013 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude May 21 2013 8:00 PM