NFL Coaches, GMs Want To Know if Manti Te'o is Gay
BY Michelle Garcia
February 26 2013 1:19 PM ET
As the NFL's scouting combine heads into its final day, some teams' leaders are reportedly still wondering if Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o is gay.
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk and NBC Sports said that general managers and coaches are quietly trying to decipher whether Te'o, who was involved in a supposed hoax over a fake girlfriend, is indeed gay.
"Here's the elephant in the room, and it shouldn't matter, but we have to step aside from the rest of reality and walk into the unique industry that is the NFL," he said on the Dan Patrick Show. "Teams want to know whether Manti Te'o is gay. They just want to know. They want to know because in an NFL locker room, it's a different world. It shouldn't be that way."
Last month, after the debacle unraveled, Te'o told Katie Couric that he was "faaaar from" being gay.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM