NFL Coaches, GMs Want To Know if Manti Te'o is Gay
BY Michelle Garcia
February 26 2013 1:19 PM ET
As the NFL's scouting combine heads into its final day, some teams' leaders are reportedly still wondering if Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o is gay.
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk and NBC Sports said that general managers and coaches are quietly trying to decipher whether Te'o, who was involved in a supposed hoax over a fake girlfriend, is indeed gay.
"Here's the elephant in the room, and it shouldn't matter, but we have to step aside from the rest of reality and walk into the unique industry that is the NFL," he said on the Dan Patrick Show. "Teams want to know whether Manti Te'o is gay. They just want to know. They want to know because in an NFL locker room, it's a different world. It shouldn't be that way."
Last month, after the debacle unraveled, Te'o told Katie Couric that he was "faaaar from" being gay.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments