NFL Coaches, GMs Want To Know if Manti Te'o is Gay
BY Michelle Garcia
February 26 2013 1:19 PM ET
As the NFL's scouting combine heads into its final day, some teams' leaders are reportedly still wondering if Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o is gay.
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk and NBC Sports said that general managers and coaches are quietly trying to decipher whether Te'o, who was involved in a supposed hoax over a fake girlfriend, is indeed gay.
"Here's the elephant in the room, and it shouldn't matter, but we have to step aside from the rest of reality and walk into the unique industry that is the NFL," he said on the Dan Patrick Show. "Teams want to know whether Manti Te'o is gay. They just want to know. They want to know because in an NFL locker room, it's a different world. It shouldn't be that way."
Last month, after the debacle unraveled, Te'o told Katie Couric that he was "faaaar from" being gay.
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver 2 hours 15 min ago
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans 2 hours 50 min ago
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? 5:30 PM
- Media Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer 4:37 PM
- Health HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples 4:14 PM