NFL Coaches, GMs Want To Know if Manti Te'o is Gay
BY Michelle Garcia
February 26 2013 1:19 PM ET
As the NFL's scouting combine heads into its final day, some teams' leaders are reportedly still wondering if Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o is gay.
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk and NBC Sports said that general managers and coaches are quietly trying to decipher whether Te'o, who was involved in a supposed hoax over a fake girlfriend, is indeed gay.
"Here's the elephant in the room, and it shouldn't matter, but we have to step aside from the rest of reality and walk into the unique industry that is the NFL," he said on the Dan Patrick Show. "Teams want to know whether Manti Te'o is gay. They just want to know. They want to know because in an NFL locker room, it's a different world. It shouldn't be that way."
Last month, after the debacle unraveled, Te'o told Katie Couric that he was "faaaar from" being gay.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 17 min 12 sec ago
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 20 min 3 sec ago
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 2 hours 20 min ago
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM