NFL Coaches, GMs Want To Know if Manti Te'o is Gay
BY Michelle Garcia
February 26 2013 12:19 PM ET
As the NFL's scouting combine heads into its final day, some teams' leaders are reportedly still wondering if Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o is gay.
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk and NBC Sports said that general managers and coaches are quietly trying to decipher whether Te'o, who was involved in a supposed hoax over a fake girlfriend, is indeed gay.
"Here's the elephant in the room, and it shouldn't matter, but we have to step aside from the rest of reality and walk into the unique industry that is the NFL," he said on the Dan Patrick Show. "Teams want to know whether Manti Te'o is gay. They just want to know. They want to know because in an NFL locker room, it's a different world. It shouldn't be that way."
Last month, after the debacle unraveled, Te'o told Katie Couric that he was "faaaar from" being gay.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 1 hour 41 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 2 hours 41 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM