The Story of How Jason Collins Came Out to His Twin Brother
BY Lucas Grindley
May 16 2013 10:47 AM ET
So how did Jason Collins tell his twin brother, Jarron, that he's gay?
Jimmy Kimmel asked the newly out NBA center that very question during a late-night interview with both of the twins. The two have spent all of their lives together in some fashion and yet Jason Collins said he still had "apprehension" about coming out.
"We don't have a serious tone to our conversations," Jason Collins prefaced the coming-out story.
"So he put the bass in the voice," Jarron Collins remembered, "so I was like, OK he's got something serious."
Jarron Collins did most of the recounting. "He was very direct about it," Jarron Collins said. "I heard it, but I didn't quite register it. And I went about asking some of the dumbest questions you could possibly ask to someone who just told you that they're gay."
"Uh, are you sure?" his now very famous brother remembers being asked and laughs.
Watch the complete interview below.
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade 2 hours 57 min ago
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM