PHOTOS: Playing for Our Team
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 17 2013 4:00 AM ET
Above: The Opening Ceremonies
Washington, D.C., played host to the 37th Annual NAGAAA Gay Softball World Series this year. The tournament, which is the largest annual LGBT sporting event, welcomed 170+ teams participating in more than 600 softball games. In total, more than 4,000 athletes and fans were expected to be visiting D.C. for the week-long tournament.
The tournament ran from August 26 to August 31. The week began with Opening Ceremonies on at the D.C. Fairgrounds. Games took place at three difference complexes. The tournament and festivities concluded with the Closing Ceremony August 31.
For more information on the series, check the website at www.dcseries2013.com or on Facebook.
Check out some of the teams and some of the players on the following pages >>>
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Artist Spotlight: Ben McNutt
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'