PHOTOS: Playing for Our Team
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 17 2013 4:00 AM ET
Above: The Opening Ceremonies
Washington, D.C., played host to the 37th Annual NAGAAA Gay Softball World Series this year. The tournament, which is the largest annual LGBT sporting event, welcomed 170+ teams participating in more than 600 softball games. In total, more than 4,000 athletes and fans were expected to be visiting D.C. for the week-long tournament.
The tournament ran from August 26 to August 31. The week began with Opening Ceremonies on at the D.C. Fairgrounds. Games took place at three difference complexes. The tournament and festivities concluded with the Closing Ceremony August 31.
For more information on the series, check the website at www.dcseries2013.com or on Facebook.
Check out some of the teams and some of the players on the following pages >>>
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- The Backlash
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies