PHOTOS: Playing for Our Team
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 17 2013 4:00 AM ET
Above: The Opening Ceremonies
Washington, D.C., played host to the 37th Annual NAGAAA Gay Softball World Series this year. The tournament, which is the largest annual LGBT sporting event, welcomed 170+ teams participating in more than 600 softball games. In total, more than 4,000 athletes and fans were expected to be visiting D.C. for the week-long tournament.
The tournament ran from August 26 to August 31. The week began with Opening Ceremonies on at the D.C. Fairgrounds. Games took place at three difference complexes. The tournament and festivities concluded with the Closing Ceremony August 31.
For more information on the series, check the website at www.dcseries2013.com or on Facebook.
Check out some of the teams and some of the players on the following pages >>>
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor