WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
December 05 2013 8:04 AM ET
Venezuela's Jhonmar Castillo
Castillo competed in the 1988 Seoul Olympics for Venezuela and has won 14 international diving competitions. Here he's at the U.S. Nationals in Miami University diving the 1m springboard inward with a 1 1/2 pike position. While in Seoul, Castillo witnessed gay Olympic legend Greg Louganis hitting his head during a dive. "When Greg hit his head [on the diving board,] that was like God hitting his head," Castillo said. "When he hit his head, it impacted everyone else's dives because there was Greg, and then the rest of us."
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City