Costas Wants Putin to Talk About Anti-LGBT Law During NBC's Olympic Coverage
BY Michelle Garcia
January 08 2014 2:11 PM ET
NBC Sports anchor Bob Costas says that he is determined to dedicate some airtime during the Sochi Olympics to address Russia's ban on so-called LGBT propaganda, whether or not that includes commentary from President Vladimir Putin.
Earlier, Costas told the Associated Press that he did not want to provide his own commentary on the law but instead wanted Putin to answer for it on the record. At a press conference Tuesday, however, Costas clarified that the network would report on the law in either case, but prioritized reporting on Putin's thoughts on it.
“If Putin doesn’t drag his butt into the studio, then we’ll talk about it without him,” Costas told reporters, according to the The Huffington Post. “But if he shows up, we’d rather talk to him. Wouldn’t you rather hear it from the horse’s mouth? I would. That’s what I was trying to say.”
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 2 hours 17 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM