5 Things To Know About Caitlin Cahow
BY Keith Hutson
February 05 2014 7:00 AM ET
1. Caitlin Cahow was named after another Olympian, figure skater Caitlin, "Kitty" Caruthers, a pairs skater who won the gold in 1984 with her brother Peter. Cahow's mother, Barbara Kindler, was a figure skater-turned-professor of surgery at Yale University when Caitlin was born. Initially, young Caitlin even followed in her mother's footsteps and went to figure skating practices for a year, but hated it. Eventually, a group of other girls playing ice hockey caught her eye as she finished up her practice. She convinced her mother to trade in her figure skates for hockey skates and never looked back.
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'