5 Things To Know About Caitlin Cahow
BY Keith Hutson
February 05 2014 6:00 AM ET
1. Caitlin Cahow was named after another Olympian, figure skater Caitlin, "Kitty" Caruthers, a pairs skater who won the gold in 1984 with her brother Peter. Cahow's mother, Barbara Kindler, was a figure skater-turned-professor of surgery at Yale University when Caitlin was born. Initially, young Caitlin even followed in her mother's footsteps and went to figure skating practices for a year, but hated it. Eventually, a group of other girls playing ice hockey caught her eye as she finished up her practice. She convinced her mother to trade in her figure skates for hockey skates and never looked back.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View