5 Things To Know About Caitlin Cahow
BY Keith Hutson
February 05 2014 7:00 AM ET
5. She freaked out when she met her own Olympic hero, Jackie Joyner-Kersey, at the Golden Globes' event with United for Equality in Sports and Entertainment. "She must have thought I was crazy," Cahow recounts. "I was growing up right during the Atlanta Olympics, and we all have our Olympic heroes, and she was mine during that time in my life. So when I got to meet her I was speechless! I think she thought I was odd. I just looked at her with such reverence. She was the fastest woman in the world for a while! There's just something about the profound effect that an Olympian can have on a country, or the world, and especially on the kids who aspire to achieve great things…I felt so ridiculous because the first thing I said to her was 'Oh my gosh, how did you keep your nails so long while you were running?' And I'm sure she's been asked that eight million times, but she just laughed, and she gave me this really charming response, and she was just so down to earth. It's so funny — even though I've been to the Olympics, when I meet other Olympians, I'm always a little awestruck because I admire them so much."
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times