WATCH: Underwear Models Invite You to the Sochi Olympic Pride House
BY Jase Peeples
February 05 2014 4:56 PM ET
For the past two Olympic Games, the host countries provided athletes with a Pride House — a place for LGBT athletes, fans, and friends to meet and enjoy the sporting events. But Russia has forbidden the establishment of such a meeting place in Sochi at the 2014 Winter Olympics, denying petitions from various organizations hoping to support out athletes and spectators.
In response, several restaurants, bars, and clubs across the country are becoming "Pride Houses" in solidarity with LGBT Russians and donating $1 of every drink sold between 9 p.m. and midnight on Friday, February 7 — the night of the Opening Ceremony in Sochi – to the Russia Freedom Fund.
In the video below, underwear models Brandon Robert Brown and Colby Melvin join Uprising of Love to help spread the word about the organization’s movement to protest Russia’s anti-LGBT legislation and show support for the 2014 Olympic host country’s embattled LGBT population.
Visit UprisingOfLove.org/PrideHouse to find participating venues in your city, and see why we need Pride Houses (and underwear models) below.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times