Landon Donovan's Subtle, Inclusive Message to Robbie Rogers
BY Michelle Garcia
March 01 2014 2:07 PM ET
L.A. Galaxy player Landon Donovan, as well as the rest of the team, has been openly supportive of his out teammate, Robbie Rogers. But most recently, Rogers was compelled to tweet a photo of a message Donovan left to the team, which was clearly meant for everyone.
"Saturday, after the game, mandatory night out," the note read, according to Outsports. "Players only (no wives, gfs, bfs, side pieces)."
Though the tweet has since been removed, Rogers thanked Donovan for including him (and his boyfriend, TV producer Greg Berlanti).
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- 'God's Not Afraid of New Things,' Pope Tells Antigay Bishops