Landon Donovan's Subtle, Inclusive Message to Robbie Rogers
BY Michelle Garcia
March 01 2014 1:07 PM ET
L.A. Galaxy player Landon Donovan, as well as the rest of the team, has been openly supportive of his out teammate, Robbie Rogers. But most recently, Rogers was compelled to tweet a photo of a message Donovan left to the team, which was clearly meant for everyone.
"Saturday, after the game, mandatory night out," the note read, according to Outsports. "Players only (no wives, gfs, bfs, side pieces)."
Though the tweet has since been removed, Rogers thanked Donovan for including him (and his boyfriend, TV producer Greg Berlanti).
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Spirit Awards Gives Love Is Strange Four Nods, Including Best Picture
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson