Landon Donovan's Subtle, Inclusive Message to Robbie Rogers
BY Michelle Garcia
March 01 2014 2:07 PM ET
L.A. Galaxy player Landon Donovan, as well as the rest of the team, has been openly supportive of his out teammate, Robbie Rogers. But most recently, Rogers was compelled to tweet a photo of a message Donovan left to the team, which was clearly meant for everyone.
"Saturday, after the game, mandatory night out," the note read, according to Outsports. "Players only (no wives, gfs, bfs, side pieces)."
Though the tweet has since been removed, Rogers thanked Donovan for including him (and his boyfriend, TV producer Greg Berlanti).
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- These Are the U.S. Trans Women Killed in 2015