Landon Donovan's Subtle, Inclusive Message to Robbie Rogers
BY Michelle Garcia
March 01 2014 2:07 PM ET
L.A. Galaxy player Landon Donovan, as well as the rest of the team, has been openly supportive of his out teammate, Robbie Rogers. But most recently, Rogers was compelled to tweet a photo of a message Donovan left to the team, which was clearly meant for everyone.
"Saturday, after the game, mandatory night out," the note read, according to Outsports. "Players only (no wives, gfs, bfs, side pieces)."
Though the tweet has since been removed, Rogers thanked Donovan for including him (and his boyfriend, TV producer Greg Berlanti).
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'