Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets
BY Michelle Garcia
March 12 2014 1:43 PM ET
Jason Collins is expected to remain on the roster for the Brooklyn Nets for the rest of the season, ESPN reports.
Collins's second 10-day deal with the Nets expires this weekend, but the team is looking to sign him for the remainder of the regular season, which ends in April, followed by the playoffs. It appears that the team had intended to keep Collins for the rest of the season as a backup defender.
Since Collins joined the team in February, his jersey, number 98 to commemorate the violent death of gay college student Matthew Shepard in 1998, has been a top seller on NBA.com.
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- REPORT: Lawsuit Targets Woman Killed in Caitlyn Jenner Crash
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- Op-ed: We Just Saw a Turning Point for Global LGBT Rights