Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets
BY Michelle Garcia
March 12 2014 1:43 PM ET
Jason Collins is expected to remain on the roster for the Brooklyn Nets for the rest of the season, ESPN reports.
Collins's second 10-day deal with the Nets expires this weekend, but the team is looking to sign him for the remainder of the regular season, which ends in April, followed by the playoffs. It appears that the team had intended to keep Collins for the rest of the season as a backup defender.
Since Collins joined the team in February, his jersey, number 98 to commemorate the violent death of gay college student Matthew Shepard in 1998, has been a top seller on NBA.com.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- BREAKING: Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death