Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets
BY Michelle Garcia
March 12 2014 12:43 PM ET
Jason Collins is expected to remain on the roster for the Brooklyn Nets for the rest of the season, ESPN reports.
Collins's second 10-day deal with the Nets expires this weekend, but the team is looking to sign him for the remainder of the regular season, which ends in April, followed by the playoffs. It appears that the team had intended to keep Collins for the rest of the season as a backup defender.
Since Collins joined the team in February, his jersey, number 98 to commemorate the violent death of gay college student Matthew Shepard in 1998, has been a top seller on NBA.com.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment