Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets
BY Michelle Garcia
March 12 2014 1:43 PM ET
Jason Collins is expected to remain on the roster for the Brooklyn Nets for the rest of the season, ESPN reports.
Collins's second 10-day deal with the Nets expires this weekend, but the team is looking to sign him for the remainder of the regular season, which ends in April, followed by the playoffs. It appears that the team had intended to keep Collins for the rest of the season as a backup defender.
Since Collins joined the team in February, his jersey, number 98 to commemorate the violent death of gay college student Matthew Shepard in 1998, has been a top seller on NBA.com.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star