Top 5 Gay Halloween Destinations
BY GT McCallan
October 05 2007 12:00 AM ET
New Orleans, La. Oct. 25-28, 2007
KNOW: The 24th
Halloween is a series of events benefiting Lazarus House,
a home for men and women with HIV/AIDS whose families cannot
take care of them.
WHERE: Head for
the Bourbon Pub and Parade club. Bodies fill the venue
and spill onto Bourbon Street from midday Thursday till the
early hours of Monday.
DRESS: For the
circuit party, originality is key -- it's about how
creative you can get. Costumes are always over-the-top, from
a 7-foot tall drag queen dressed as the Chiquita
banana girl to an airport tower complete with lights.
SCARY FUN: The
costume-obligatory Wild Kingdom Costume Dance Extravaganza
(Oct. 27, 2007, The Sugar Mill, 10 p.m.-4 a.m.; $75) is the
major event and the main reason to sashay down South
this October. Don't even think about skipping the
PSST: This year's
theme is "Wild Kingdom" -- so get in character and
parade through the French Quarter to bask in attention
before wading into the party's masses.
Fantasy Fest and Halloween
Key West, Fla. Oct. 19-28, 2007
KNOW: A little
bit of Mardi Gras, a little bit of Halloween and a lot of
fun with Florida's finest.
WHERE: The bars
and restaurants around Duval Street, between Eaton and
South streets, see most fantasy action take place.
cacophony of opportunities to flaunt flamboyance occur from
the Fantasy Street Fair to Captain Morgan's Parade.
SCARY FUN: Don't
miss the parade of furred and feathered fashionistas at
the Pets Masquerade Parade (Oct. 22; 1500 Reynolds St.) or
the Masquerade March when a cavalcade of costumed
characters career from Key West Cemetery through Old
you're bringing an entourage to carry your copious costume
options, check party and parade themes before you go --
they're wild and wildly varied.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM