Top 5 Gay Halloween Destinations
BY GT McCallan
October 04 2007 11:00 PM ET
New Orleans, La. Oct. 25-28, 2007
KNOW: The 24th
Halloween is a series of events benefiting Lazarus House,
a home for men and women with HIV/AIDS whose families cannot
take care of them.
WHERE: Head for
the Bourbon Pub and Parade club. Bodies fill the venue
and spill onto Bourbon Street from midday Thursday till the
early hours of Monday.
DRESS: For the
circuit party, originality is key -- it's about how
creative you can get. Costumes are always over-the-top, from
a 7-foot tall drag queen dressed as the Chiquita
banana girl to an airport tower complete with lights.
SCARY FUN: The
costume-obligatory Wild Kingdom Costume Dance Extravaganza
(Oct. 27, 2007, The Sugar Mill, 10 p.m.-4 a.m.; $75) is the
major event and the main reason to sashay down South
this October. Don't even think about skipping the
PSST: This year's
theme is "Wild Kingdom" -- so get in character and
parade through the French Quarter to bask in attention
before wading into the party's masses.
Fantasy Fest and Halloween
Key West, Fla. Oct. 19-28, 2007
KNOW: A little
bit of Mardi Gras, a little bit of Halloween and a lot of
fun with Florida's finest.
WHERE: The bars
and restaurants around Duval Street, between Eaton and
South streets, see most fantasy action take place.
cacophony of opportunities to flaunt flamboyance occur from
the Fantasy Street Fair to Captain Morgan's Parade.
SCARY FUN: Don't
miss the parade of furred and feathered fashionistas at
the Pets Masquerade Parade (Oct. 22; 1500 Reynolds St.) or
the Masquerade March when a cavalcade of costumed
characters career from Key West Cemetery through Old
you're bringing an entourage to carry your copious costume
options, check party and parade themes before you go --
they're wild and wildly varied.
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 51 min 58 sec ago
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 1 hour 22 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 2 hours 51 min ago
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM