BY Dan Allen
May 05 2009 11:00 PM ET
Meal Plan In this foodie heaven with more than 16,000 restaurants, there's nary a palate that can't be satisfied. As a boozy recession-beating bonus, some eateries are even offering cut-rate wine prices or waiving corkage fees. If you're on the west side (and the company's expense account), you can't do better than the nine-course wonder of Per Se (10 Columbus Circle, fourth floor; 212-823-9335), the much-heralded East Coast outpost of the French Laundry's Thomas Keller. Down in the West Village, the Little Owl (90 Bedford St.; 212-741-4695) is a fantastic and friendly foray into new Americana and far easier on the pocketbook.
Over on the east side, Momofuku Ko (163 First Ave.; 212-475-7899) is one of the city's newer darlings, where the lunch tasting runs a staggering 16 courses. Fair warning: Snagging a table at this tiny Asian fusion gem can be tough, doable only via daily online lottery. Click on "reservations" on the website for details. For trendy grub on the fly (though less quick late at night, when hungry hipsters queue en masse), Artichoke Pizza (328 E. 14th St.; 212-228-2004) offers gobs of gooey goodness.
Insider's Tip: New York's Finest "Corrado, a bakery that just opened at Stonewall Place [35 Christopher St.; 212-242-3535], is a great place to stop in for a quick, delicious breakfast or lunch. For lunch, nibble on a ready-made sandwich to go. My favorite is the ham and brie on pumpernickel. Corrado has amazing pastries too. You can enjoy your Village snack with the locals sitting at a sunny café table overlooking Gay Mecca." -- Carter Peabody, director-producer and 14-year West Village resident
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 1 hour 40 min ago
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM