Gayest Cities in America
BY Mike Albo
January 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
The historic home of daddy Andy Warhol, mommy Gertrude Stein, and cool lezzie aunt Willa Cather, Pittsburgh has always had a gay streak, but it’s been unsung as a major destination. But now gays and lesbians are taking advantage of the bargain housing prices in this beautiful, cleaned-up urban landscape. The vibrant arts community — including the Warhol Museum (Warhol.org) and the Mattress Factory contemporary art museum (Mattress.org) — plus a vigorous theater arts program at Carnegie Mellon University is augmented by the well-attended Pittsburgh International Lesbian & Gay Film Festival (PILGFF.org) over 10 days in October, and the fast-growing Pride Theater Festival over two weekends in June.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'