Gayest Cities in America
BY Mike Albo
January 12 2011 4:00 AM ET
4. Orlando, Fla.
Everyone knows that many Disney employees are friends of Dorothy. But now Orlando itself is coming out as a hot spot for gay and lesbian life and a hotbed of progressive attitudes. Last November, when Orange County leaders voted 6-1 to add sexual orientation protections to the private-sector antidiscrimination law, not a single resident or religious organization opposed it. Meanwhile the annual Theater Fringe Festival (OrlandoFringe.org) continues to be one of the gayest in the country; it spawned the Oops Guys show Bitches of the Kingdom! about fairy-tale princesses gone sour.
- The Big List of People Who Came Out in 2014
- 5 Made-Up Reasons Why Gay Couples Don't Divorce Like Straight Couples
- Best Photography of the Year: 2014
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Trans Men Take Over the Camera