Gayest Cities in America
BY Mike Albo
January 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
2. Santa Fe, N.M.
At an elevation of 7,000 feet, Santa Fe is the nation’s oldest state capital — and the highest. This is where seasoned gays come to center themselves, but not in a boring way: LGBT retirement community RainbowVision has raucous drag shows at the Silver Starlight Lounge (500 Rodeo Road, nominated a Top 60 bar in the USA by Out magazine). Not only is Santa Fe home to plenty of body workers, reiki practitioners, and shaman-type hippie gays, it also has the most restaurants per capita of any city in the country and boasts the third largest art market.
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Welcome to Night Vale: Where Queer Is Normal and Normal Is Bizarre
- Op-ed: Finding Sympathy for the Most Hated Woman in America
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School