Gayest Cities in America
BY Mike Albo
January 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
2. Santa Fe, N.M.
At an elevation of 7,000 feet, Santa Fe is the nation’s oldest state capital — and the highest. This is where seasoned gays come to center themselves, but not in a boring way: LGBT retirement community RainbowVision has raucous drag shows at the Silver Starlight Lounge (500 Rodeo Road, nominated a Top 60 bar in the USA by Out magazine). Not only is Santa Fe home to plenty of body workers, reiki practitioners, and shaman-type hippie gays, it also has the most restaurants per capita of any city in the country and boasts the third largest art market.
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel