Gayest Cities in America
BY Mike Albo
January 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
2. Santa Fe, N.M.
At an elevation of 7,000 feet, Santa Fe is the nation’s oldest state capital — and the highest. This is where seasoned gays come to center themselves, but not in a boring way: LGBT retirement community RainbowVision has raucous drag shows at the Silver Starlight Lounge (500 Rodeo Road, nominated a Top 60 bar in the USA by Out magazine). Not only is Santa Fe home to plenty of body workers, reiki practitioners, and shaman-type hippie gays, it also has the most restaurants per capita of any city in the country and boasts the third largest art market.
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible
- Right-Wingers Call Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Film
- After Elimination: Vivacious of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' 5 min 36 sec ago
- Women This is the Meryl Streep/Hillary Clinton Selfie You Need In Your Life Right Now! 1 hour 16 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on TV 2 hours 3 min ago
- Women WATCH: AI's Out Performer MK Nobilette Does 'To Make You Feel My Love' 2 hours 19 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Married British Same-Sex Couples Are Now Legal 2 hours 34 min ago
- Travel Forget J.Lo, Windy City Gay Idol is the Hot Ticket 2 hours 37 min ago
- Parenting How Every Parent Should Respond to A Child Coming Out 2 hours 51 min ago