Gayest Cities in America
BY Mike Albo
January 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
With its new Gay and Lesbian Center (GLBTColorado.org), its gay state senator, Pat Steadman, and its newly appointed gay supreme court justice, Monica Marquez, Denver exemplifies that equality is inevitable — and hard fought. It’s just been 19 years since Colorado voters approved the antigay Amendment 2 (ruled unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1996). Capitol Hill has long been this city’s gayborhood, where Charlie’s (CharliesDenver.com) county-western bar offers one of the best two-stepping gay scenes in the country. But now the gay influence is spreading outward, especially into the newly hip Highland area.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- Greg Louganis on Caitlyn Jenner: 'We All Have Our Own Journeys'