Gayest Cities in America
BY Mike Albo
January 12 2011 4:00 AM ET
With its new Gay and Lesbian Center (GLBTColorado.org), its gay state senator, Pat Steadman, and its newly appointed gay supreme court justice, Monica Marquez, Denver exemplifies that equality is inevitable — and hard fought. It’s just been 19 years since Colorado voters approved the antigay Amendment 2 (ruled unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1996). Capitol Hill has long been this city’s gayborhood, where Charlie’s (CharliesDenver.com) county-western bar offers one of the best two-stepping gay scenes in the country. But now the gay influence is spreading outward, especially into the newly hip Highland area.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment