Gayest Cities in America
BY Mike Albo
January 12 2011 4:00 AM ET
10. St. Louis
This is the open-minded heart of the Midwest. Anheuser-Busch just made a cash donation to the gay-and-lesbian-centric Gateway Business Guild, and St. Louis artist and gallery owner Philip Hitchcock was named as Mr. Midwest Leather 2010. But it was last October’s First Annual Trans Family Picnic, put on by local advocacy group TransHaven (TransHaven.org) in Tower Grove Park, that most signals how St. Louis has become a welcoming city for queer folk.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Rocks The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'