Gayest Cities in America
BY Mike Albo
January 12 2011 4:00 AM ET
8. Washington, D.C.
In the past few years, D.C. has been loosening its tie and doffing the boring blue blazer. There are large, thumpy dance clubs like Town (TownDC.com), which hosts variety shows by LGBT troupe Crack (CrackDC.com), and monthly parties have cropped up all over the city, such as the alt-queer/pop/dance night Taint at DC9 (DCNine.com). Even the once-defunct, sleazy stripper bar Ziegfeld’s/Secrets (SecretsDC.com) reopened in a grand new Southwest location in February 2009. The gay center of the city has migrated east to Logan Circle, a hip, funky area with friendly bars and Whole Foods. Plus, gay-owned restaurants like L’Enfant and Comet Ping Pong are tantalizing the city’s more refined palates.
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 30 min 5 sec ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 30 min 36 sec ago
- People Lady Gaga Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics 51 min 42 sec ago
- World News Two Gay Men Now Lead Luxembourg 1 hour 6 min ago
- World News Elton John's Weekend Concerts in Russia to Proceed 1 hour 51 min ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Leslie Jordan 'Go Bold' With Models to Crash Super Bowl 10:42 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM