Miami Vices: Why Every Weekend Is a Party
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
Glittering, tropical Miami plays host to some spectacular parties and
events every month of the year, many of them aimed squarely at LGBT
travelers. Here are just a handful of reasons to book tickets soon.
Celebrate Orgullo, October 1
The first-ever Celebrate Orgullo event will take place in Lummus Park on Miami Beach. Orgullo is Spanish for Pride, and this event celebrates the diverse cultural heritage and contributions of South Florida’s LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) Hispanic community. The event, taking place from noon until 6 pm at Lummus Park, between 10th and 11th Streets Miami Beach, will feature musical performances, folkloric dance, celebrity guests, drag performers, refreshments and vendor booths representing the both the non-profit and business community. And don't forget, Hispanic Heritage Month is September 15 through October 15th.
- Art or Porn?: Filmmakers Who Tested the Limits
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Uganda's Anti-Homosexuality Act: 'Null and Void'
- Larry King Is Confused By Anna Paquin's 'Non-Practicing' Bisexuality
- WATCH: Australian Model Ruby Rose Comes Out as Gender Fluid
- Activists Call for Release of Trans Immigration Detainee Raped in Custody