Miami Vices: Why Every Weekend Is a Party
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 12 2011 4:00 AM ET
Glittering, tropical Miami plays host to some spectacular parties and
events every month of the year, many of them aimed squarely at LGBT
travelers. Here are just a handful of reasons to book tickets soon.
Celebrate Orgullo, October 1
The first-ever Celebrate Orgullo event will take place in Lummus Park on Miami Beach. Orgullo is Spanish for Pride, and this event celebrates the diverse cultural heritage and contributions of South Florida’s LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) Hispanic community. The event, taking place from noon until 6 pm at Lummus Park, between 10th and 11th Streets Miami Beach, will feature musical performances, folkloric dance, celebrity guests, drag performers, refreshments and vendor booths representing the both the non-profit and business community. And don't forget, Hispanic Heritage Month is September 15 through October 15th.
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 2 hours 35 min ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 2 hours 40 min ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 2 hours 48 min ago
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 2 hours 53 min ago
- Film Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film 2 hours 53 min ago
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 2:40 PM
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 2:35 PM